Hanson Footy Tipping Terms & Conditions: Customer Division and Sales Team Division
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions. These conditions apply to both the Sales Team Division and the Customer Division. By participating, entrants in both the Sales Team Division and the Customer Division agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid. In these conditions, unless the contrary intention appears, the following words and phrases have the meanings set out opposite them:
“Away Team” means the team that is listed by the NRL or AFL (as applicable) as playing away from their home ground. If an Away Team is not nominated by the NRL or AFL (as applicable), the Away Team will be nominated at the discretion of the Promoter and will be posted on the Hanson Footy Tipping Website;
“Code” means either the NRL or the AFL football code, as the case may be. The promotion involves a competition for each Code;
“Customer Division” means the division of the promotion that is open to customers in accordance with condition 2;
“Division” means each of the Sales Team Division and the Customer Division (as applicable);
"Margin Game" means the Match selected by the Promoter in a given Round for which Participants are required to select the winning margin, as specified on the Hanson Footy Tipping Website;
"Match" means a single game conducted by the NRL or AFL (as applicable), between member teams of that Code, in a Season;
"Results" are the results of Matches as officially determined by the relevant Code in accordance with the rules of that Code following the completion of a Round;
"Round" means a round of the relevant Code conducted during the Promotional Period that is made available for tipping on the Hanson Footy Tipping Website. Finals rounds are not Rounds for the purposes of this promotion;
“Sales Team Division” means the division of the promotion that is open to selected Hanson sales team members in accordance with condition 3;
"Score" means the allocation of points to a Participant for the correct selection of the winner of a Match. For the avoidance of doubt, the Weekly Margin and the Total Margin (defined in condition 10) do not contribute to the Participant’s Score; and
“Season” means the series of Matches for each Code as made available for tipping on the Hanson Footy Tipping Website, but does not include the finals rounds. The Season for each Code commences at the beginning of the first Match in the first Round for that Code and ends at the end of the last Match in the last Round for that Code.
2. Entry to the Customer Division is open to customers and employees of customers of Hanson Construction Materials Pty Ltd, Hanson Precast Pty Ltd and Hanson Landfill Services Pty Ltd with a current trading account or regular COD account at the time of entry and a 6 digit customer account number who are residents of Australia and are at least 18 years of age (each, a “Participant”). For the avoidance of doubt, customers of Hymix Australia Pty Ltd or Pioneer North Queensland Pty Ltd, who are not customers of Hanson Construction Materials Pty Ltd, Hanson Precast Pty Ltd or Hanson Landfill Services Pty Ltd, are not eligible to enter this promotion. Prior to registering, each potential participant in the Customer Division must ensure that their terms of employment or any code of conduct to which they are a party do not prohibit them from entering this promotion.
3. Entry to the Sales Team Division is open to employees in the Promoter’s sales team who are invited by the Promoter by way of email to enter and who are residents of Australia and are at least 18 years of age (each, a “Participant”). For the avoidance of doubt, all other employees of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate, employees of joint ventures or partnerships in which the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate holds an interest and the immediate families of such employees are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, brother, sister, step-brother or step-sister.
4. Each eligible person in accordance with these terms may only register once in one Division. For the avoidance of doubt, participants who are eligible to enter the Sales Team Division are not eligible to enter the Customer Division and vice versa. Each eligible person in accordance with these terms may register for one or both Codes during the Promotional Period in their applicable Division. If a person registers for both Codes, he or she must select one Code as their “default Code”.
5. The Promoter reserves the right not to accept registration for any Participant if the registration contains any objectionable content or potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion, or if the Participant is not eligible to register in accordance with condition 2 or 3 (as applicable).
6. The promotion commences at 9:00am AEDT on 18 February 2015 and closes at 23.59 AEST on 6 September 2015 (“Promotional Period”).
7. Entry into this promotion is free. To enter, the Participant must:
(a) go to the Hanson website at www.hanson.com.au during the Promotional Period;
(b) follow the links to register as a new user at http://hanson.footytips.com.au (“Hanson Footy Tipping Website”) via the online registration form;
(d) select the Division the Participant is eligible to enter, either the Customer Division or the Sales Team Division and complete all requested details;
(d) select the Code(s) the Participant wishes to participate in, either AFL or NRL or both;
(d) if the Participant has selected to participate in both Codes, the Participant must then select one Code to be his or her favourite Code (this will be that Participant’s default view); and
(e) enter weekly tips throughout the Season (as set out in condition 8) to earn points.
Limit applies of one set of tips per Participant per Code per week. A Participant may only register their own personal details for participation in the Promotion and cannot register another person to participate under their name.
8. For each Round, each Participant must:
(a) make a selection of the teams the Participant tips to win and, for each specified Margin Game, the margins by which they expect the winning team’s score to exceed the losing team’s score; and
(b) submit that entry via the Hanson Footy Tipping Website in the manner and within the time frames set out on the Hanson Footy Tipping Website.
A draw cannot be entered as a Match selection. A margin is required for the Margin Game in each Round as specified on the Hanson Footy Tipping Website.
A Participant may make or change a tip for a given Match in a Round at any time prior to the scheduled starting time of that Match.
9. Participants will be allocated one (1) point towards their Score for each correct selection of the winning team for a Match. Incorrect tips will receive zero points. In the event of a Match in a given Round being drawn, cancelled, abandoned, not completed or not played for any reason and/or a result is not officially declared within three (3) days of the date the Match was originally scheduled to be played, it is treated as a win for both teams competing in that Match for the purposes of calculating each Participant’s Score.
For the avoidance of doubt, Scores will be calculated separately for each Code.
10. If the Match is a Margin Game, the “Weekly Margin” for the purposes of condition 18 for a particular Participant will be calculated in accordance with this clause. If the Participant has tipped the winning team for the Margin Game, the Weekly Margin for a particular Participant will equal the difference between the margin entered by the Participant for the team they tipped to win in the Margin Game and the actual margin for that team in the Margin Game. If the Participant has tipped the losing team, the Weekly Margin will equal the actual margin for the winning team in the Margin Game plus the margin entered by the Participant for the team they tipped to win in the Margin Game. If a Participant does not submit a margin for a Margin Game, their margin entered for that Margin Game will be deemed to be zero (0). Participants with a lower Weekly Margin will be ranked higher than those with a higher Weekly Margin, subject to condition 18.
The "Total Margin" is the sum of the Weekly Margins for all Rounds to date in the Season for a particular Participant. Participants with a lower Total Margin will be ranked higher than those with a higher Total Margin, subject to condition 16. The Weekly Margin and the corresponding Total Margin are for the purposes of conditions 16 and 18 only, and do not form part of the Participant’s Score.
11. If a Participant:
(a) does not submit a tip for a given Match in a Round, then the Participant's tip for that Match will be deemed to be for the Away Team for that Match and where the Away Team wins that Match, the Participant will be awarded one (1) point. The Participant will be limited to a maximum of five points for all Matches for which the Participant does not submit a tip in a Round;
(b) does not submit any tips for a given Round, the Participant's tips for that Round will be deemed to be for the Away Team for each Match in the Round and where the Away Team wins a Match, the Participant will be awarded one (1) point. The Participant will be limited to a maximum of five points for each Round for which the Participant does not submit any tips; or
(c) enters the promotion after the commencement of the first Round, then the Participant’s tips for those Rounds that have been completed will be deemed to be for the Away Teams for each Match in the completed Rounds and where an Away Team wins a Match, the Participant will be awarded one (1) point. The Participant will be limited to a maximum of five (5) points for each such Round.
12. There are 49 Weekly Prizes and 6 Major Prizes to be won across both Codes in the Customer Division (being 55 prizes altogether) and 49 Weekly Prizes and 2 Major Prizes to be won across both Codes in the Sales Team Division (being 51 prizes altogether). There are 106 prizes to be won in total, across both Codes and both Divisions. Participants in each Division will be displayed alongside each other on the Hanson Footy Tipping Website but the Weekly Prize and Major Prizes for each Division will be determined and awarded separately. For the avoidance of doubt, Participants in each Division are competing against Participants in their own Division only.
(a) For the Customer Division, the Weekly Prize consists of a $500 Visa gift card. The Major Prizes are $10,000 for first place, $1,000 for second place and $500 for third place. There are 23 Weekly Prizes to be given away for AFL (being one Weekly Prize per Round), 26 Weekly Prizes to be given away for NRL (being one Weekly Prize per Round) and three Major Prizes to be given away for each Code.
The Major Prizes will be awarded to the winners in the form of a crossed cheque. Total RRP value of all prizes across each Code in the Customer Division= NRL $24,500 (including GST) and AFL $23,000 (including GST). Total RRP value of all prizes across both Codes = $47,500 (including GST).
(b) For the Sales Team Division, the Weekly Prize consists of a $50 Visa gift card. The Major Prize is a $250 Visa gift card. There are 23 Weekly Prizes to be given away for AFL (being one Weekly Prize per Round), 26 Weekly Prizes to be given away for NRL (being one Weekly Prize per Round) and one Major Prize to be given away for each Code.
Total RRP value of all prizes across each Code in the Sales Team Division= NRL $1,550 (including GST) and AFL $1,400 (including GST). Total RRP value of all prizes across both Codes = $2,950 (including GST).
All taxes (excluding GST) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
There are no limits on the number of prizes that a Participant can win during the Promotional Period.
13. The Major Prizes in the Customer Division will be awarded to the three Participants in that Division with the three highest rankings for the Season in each Code (as determined by condition 16). There will be three Major Prize winners per Code in the Customer Division.
14. The Major Prizes in the Sales Team Division will be awarded to the Participant with the highest rankings for the Season in each Code (as determined by condition 16). There will be one Major Prize winner per Code for the Sales Team Division.
15. Major Prize winners will be determined at Level 10, 35 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000 at 12PM on 9 September 2015. It is possible for the same Participant to be the Major Prize winner for both Codes for his or her applicable Division, as determined by condition 16.
16. The rankings at the end of the Season in each Division, for each Code will be determined:
(a) firstly, by the Participant’s total Score for all Rounds, where the highest Score has the highest rank;
(b) then, in the case of a tie, by each Participant’s Total Margin for the Season, where the lowest Total Margin has the highest rank;
(c) then, where Participants have identical Scores and identical Total Margins, the Participant with the lowest Weekly Margin for the last Round within the Season will be ranked highest;
(d) in the event of a further tie, the process in paragraph (c) will apply to the Weekly Margin in each preceding Round, in reverse chronological order, until the tie is broken; and
(e) then, in the case of a further tie, the Participant who registered first to participate has the higher rank.
End of Season rankings will be determined no later than 72 hours after the Result of the final Round of the Season has been determined.
17. In each Division, the Participant with the highest ranking in each Code for each Round (as determined by condition 18) will win the relevant Weekly Prize. The Weekly Prize winners for each Code will be determined at 12PM EST each Wednesday during the relevant Season at Level 10, 35 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000. In the event of a Result of a Match in a given Round not having been officially declared by 10AM AEDT / AEST (as applicable) on the relevant Wednesday on which a Weekly Prize winner is to be determined, the Weekly Prize winner for that Round will be determined at 12PM AEDT / AEST (as applicable) on the Friday of that week at Level 10, 35 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000. For the purpose of the Weekly Prizes, points do not accrue from week to week. There are no limits on the number of Weekly Prizes that a Participant can win for each Code during the Promotional Period.
18. The rankings for each Round for each Code will be determined:
(a) firstly by their Score, where the highest Score has the highest rank;
(b) then, in the case of a tie, by each Participant’s Weekly Margin for the same Round, where the lowest Weekly Margin has the highest rank;
(c) then, in the case of a further tie, by each Participant’s Total Margin for the Season to date, where the lowest Total Margin has the highest rank; and
(d) then, in the case of a further tie, the Participant who registered first to participate has the higher rank.
Weekly rankings for a given Round will be determined no later than 72 hours after the Result of the last Match of the particular Round has been determined.
19. Winners will be notified by email within 2 days of determination of the Weekly Prize winners and the Major Prize winners in accordance with conditions 13 and 17 (as applicable). The names of the winners of all prizes will be published at www.hanson.com.au within 30 days of determination in accordance with conditions 13 and 17.
20. If, within 3 months of a prize being allocated, a prize winning Participant does not accept their prize for any reason, or the prize is unable to be allocated, the Promoter will award that prize to the Participant who met the eligibility criteria and who would have been deemed the prize winner had the original prize winning Participant not participated in the promotion. The determination of such prize winner(s) will take place at 12PM on 9 December 2015 at Level 10, 35 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000. Winners will be notified as set out in condition 19 above.
21. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches. If such problems arise, then the Promoter may (where necessary with the approval of the relevant lottery authority) modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the promotion.
22. If any prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any written directions from the lottery authorities.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address and any other information from Participants relevant to entry into or participation in this promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who does not comply with the conditions of this promotion or whose entry does not comply with the conditions of this promotion, who provides false information, fails to provide information, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage, is involved in any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with this promotion or the tipping process, who is involved in conduct which is damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or the Promoter, or which is objectionable, or potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory, at the Promoter’s absolute discretion. The Promoter accepts no responsibility if Participants are ineligible to accept a prize on the basis of their employment, position, code of conduct or otherwise. Participants are responsible for ensuring they are eligible to enter the promotion and accept a prize.
24. A failure by the Promoter to enforce any of the conditions of this promotion in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by a Participant or any other person. A failure by the Promoter to enforce rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of its rights.
25. The Visa gift cards expire 2 years after the issue date. Visa gift cards will be purchased each week during the Promotional Period. The expiry date will be shown on the front of each card. The Visa gift card can be used for purchasing goods and services where VISA gift cards are accepted for electronic transactions (excluding transactions at ATMs or over the counter at financial institutions). The Visa gift cards are not reloadable. Visit http://auspost.com.au/money-insurance/load-and-go-business-gift-card-terms.html for full card terms and conditions. Visa gift cards are supplied by Australian Postal Corporation and are issued by Heritage Bank Limited ABN 32 087 652 024 AFSL/ACL 240984. The prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of Heritage Bank Limited or Australian Postal Corporation. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as a result of the conduct of Heritage Bank Limited and Australian Postal Corporation or otherwise as a result of the winner accepting and/or using a prize (even if caused by negligence), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
26. Participants consent to the Promoter using their name, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome) and/or promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
28. The Promoter is Hanson Australia Pty Limited ABN 86 000 186 845 of Level 10, 35 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
Authorised under NSW Permit No LTPS/15/01138, ACT Permit No TP 15/04748